The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdn is a printer that can be used to print, copy, and scan documents. The printer uses four colors of toner: black, cyan, magenta, and yellow. The printer has a monthly duty cycle of up to 50,000 pages. The printer has a maximum print resolution of 1200×1200 dpi. The printer has a maximum copy resolution of 600×600 dpi. The printer has a maximum scan resolution of 1200×1200 dpi. The printer has a USB 2.0 port, an Ethernet port, and a Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n connection.
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdn Driver Downloads
Driver for Windows
Driver for Mac OS
How to Install HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdn Driver:
- Download the “HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdn Driver” from our website.
- Once the download is completed, open the file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver on your computer.
- After the installation is completed, restart your computer and connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer on your computer.
- Once the printer is set up, you can start using it to print documents and photos.
The HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdn ($429.99) is a capable and speedy color laser all-in-one printer designed for small to medium-size businesses. It prints well across a wide variety of media, including glossy photo paper, and it has a strong feature set. It’s also relatively compact and easy to use, making it a good choice for a small office with limited space.
Print speed is a strong point for the M479fdn. HP rates it at 28 pages per minute (ppm) for both monochrome and color printing, which is fast enough for most small offices. I tested it over an Ethernet connection from our standard Intel Core i5 testbed PC running Windows 10 Professional.
Print quality is also good. Text looks crisp and dark, with well-formed characters down to small font sizes. Graphics are on the high side of average, with bright colors and good detail in both business and photos.
Recommendations to Better Utilize Your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdn:
- Always make sure that you have the latest version of the driver installed on your computer.
- If you are having trouble printing, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the driver.
- Make sure that the printer is properly connected to the computer and that all cables are securely in place.
- If you are still having trouble, contact HP customer support for assistance.
Questions & Answers:
How do I connect my HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdn to wi-fi?
- Turn on your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdn printer.
- On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon.
- Select the Wi-Fi Direct option.
- Select the settings icon.
- Select the Wireless Setup Wizard option. This will help you connect your printer to your wireless network.
How do I connect my Color LaserJet Pro to my computer?
- Turn on the printer and computer.
- Connect the printer to the computer using the USB cable.
- Turn on the printer.
- Open the Printers and Devices window on your computer.
- Click Add a printer.
- Click Add a local printer.
- Select the USB port and click Next.
- Choose the printer from the list and click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish installing the printer.
How do I connect my HP color LaserJet printer to WIFI?
- Once you have found the wireless settings, turn the printer’s wireless connection on.
- Now, look for your router’s wireless settings. This will usually be in the form of a button or switch that is labeled “WI-FI” or “Wireless.” Once you have found the wireless settings, turn the router’s wireless connection on.
How do I connect my HP printer to my wireless network?
- On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon. The wireless status light should glow solid blue.
- Find the SSID or network name and password on the router.
- On the printer control panel, touch Settings, then Network Setup, then Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select your network name and enter the password.
How do I add a Laserjet printer to my computer?
- Check to see if your computer has a USB port. If it does, then skip to step 3. If not, then you will need to purchase a USB port and have it installed by a professional.
- Go to the store and purchase a USB port.
- Plug the USB cable from the printer into the USB port.
- Turn on the printer.
- Follow the instructions that came with the printer to install the software.
What are the steps to installing a laser printer?
- Unpack the printer and remove all packaging materials.
- Place the printer on a level surface in a well-ventilated area.
- Connect the power cord to the printer and plug it into an outlet.
- Turn on the printer and wait for it to initialize.
- Install the toner cartridge according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Load paper into the printer’s paper tray.
- Select the printer settings you desire.
- Test the printer by printing a test page.
What is the difference between HP m479dw and M479fdw?
The HP m479dw and M479fdw are both multifunction color laser printers. The m479dw is designed for small to medium businesses that need to print high-quality marketing materials, while the M479fdw is designed for larger businesses that need to print high volumes of documents quickly and efficiently. The main difference between the two printers is the print speed; the m479dw has a print speed of up to 21 pages per minute, while the M479fdw has a print speed of up to 40 pages per minute. The M479fdw also has a higher monthly duty cycle, meaning it can handle higher print volumes without compromising print quality.
Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
If your HP printer won’t connect to WIFI, there are a few possible explanations. The first is that the printer is not compatible with your router’s WIFI signal. This can be due to the router’s settings, or it could be that the printer is too far away from the router. Another possibility is that there is a problem with the printer’s WIFI antenna. If this is the case, you may need to replace the antenna. Finally, it’s possible that there is a problem with the printer’s WIFI module. If this is the case, you’ll need to contact HP for support.
How can I connect my printer to my laptop?
- Next, you need to locate the USB port on your laptop. It is usually on the side of the laptop.
- Then, take the USB cable and plug one end into the USB port on your laptop.
- Plug the other end of the USB cable into the USB port on your printer.
- Once the USB cable is plugged into both the laptop and the printer, you should see a message pop up on your laptop screen that says “New Hardware Detected” or something similar.
- Follow the prompts on your screen to finish installing the printer. Once the installation is complete, you should be able to print from your laptop to your printer.
How do I find the IP address for my HP LaserJet Pro MFP?
To find the IP address for your HP LaserJet Pro MFP, you will need to access the device’s control panel. Once you have accessed the control panel, navigate to the “Network” or “Wireless” settings. Within these settings, you should be able to locate the IP address for your device. If you are unable to find the IP address within the control panel, you may need to consult the device’s manual for further instructions.
How do I connect my HP printer to my computer via USB?
- Turn on the printer. If it has an LCD display, the display should light up and show “Ready” or something similar.
- Plug the small end of the USB cable into the back of the printer.
- Plug the other end of the USB cable into an available USB port on your computer.
- Windows will automatically detect the printer and install the necessary drivers. Depending on your printer, you may see a notification pop up on your computer.
- You should now be able to print from your computer.
How do I connect my HP LaserJet Pro 400 to my computer?
- Power on your HP LaserJet Pro 400 and connect it to your computer using the USB cable.
- On your computer, open the Control Panel and go to Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window, click on the Add a printer option.
- In the Add Printer wizard, select the HP LaserJet Pro 400 from the list of available printers and click on the Next button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the printer setup.