Keeping your printer updated can be a challenge. If you’re trying to print off a few photos or ducments and your printer is throwing a fit, it can quickyl turn into a spiral of frustration. However, downloading and updating printer drivers may be necessary.
If your printer is not working as expected, you may just need to install the latest driver updates.
Where to get printer drivers?
We got you covered.
Here at SmartComp you can download the latest printer drivers for all big brands, including HP, Canon, Epson, Brother and many more.
These drivers and any necessary updates will come in a .zip file. Once they’re downloaded, you can install them. Be aware that it may take a couple of restarts to get everything working effectively.
Simple visit our driver database to search for your printer model and get started with the latest drivers.
How to install them?
Installing printer drivers on Windows 10 is a relatively simple process that should only take a few minutes to complete. Here are the steps:
1. Download the printer driver from the manufacturer‘s website.
2. Unzip the file and launch the .exe file.
3. Follow the on–screen instructions to install the driver.
4. Connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable.
5. Windows will automatically detect the printer and install the necessary drivers.
Once the drivers are installed, you should be able to print without any issues. If you‘re having trouble, make sure that the printer is properly connected and that the drivers are up to date.
Manual Installation via Device Manager
If you’re using Windows 10, you can install drivers for your printer through the Device Manager.
1. Open the Device Manager by right-clicking on the Start button and selecting “Device Manager” from the context menu.
2. In the Device Manager, expand the “Printers & Scanners” category.
3. Right-click on your printer and select “Update Driver” from the context menu.
4. In the “Update Driver” window, select “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
5. Windows will now search for and download the latest drivers for your printer. Alterantively, you can browse through a folder where you have saved the latest drivers from our database.
6. Once the drivers have been downloaded, follow the on-screen instructions to install them.
7. Restart your computer when prompted.
Your printer should now be up and running with the latest drivers. If you have any issues, be sure to check the manufacturer’s website or our troubleshooting page.