Canon PIXMA MG2170 Driver is a software program that enables your computer to communicate with your printer. This driver is available for free on the Canon website. You can download the driver from the table below based on your operating system.
Canon PIXMA MG2170 Printer Driver Downloads
Driver for Windows
Driver for Mac OS
Driver for Linux
How Can You Install Canon PIXMA MG2170 Driver on Your PC:
- Double-click the downloaded file to open it.
- Click Install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Canon PIXMA MG2170 Details:
The Canon PIXMA MG2170 is an all-in-one inkjet printer with scan and copy functions. It prints at a maximum resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi and has a print speed of 8.4 ipm for black and white prints and 4.8 ipm for color prints. The printer uses Canon’s FINE print head technology and ChromaLife100+ inks for long-lasting, vibrant prints. The Canon PIXMA MG2170 also features Auto Photo Fix II, which automatically adjusts photos for optimal printing.
The scanner has a resolution of 1200 x 2400 dpi and can scan at a speed of 3.2 seconds per page. The copier has a resolution of 600 x 600 dpi and can copy at a speed of 4.8 ipm for black and white copies and 1.6 ipm for color copies. The printer has a USB 2.0 interface and is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems.
Tips and Tricks on How to Use Canon PIXMA MG2170:
- Make sure that your Canon PIXMA MG2170 printer is turned on and connected to your computer.
- Download the Canon PIXMA MG2170 Driver from Canon’s website.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to install the driver.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
- Once the driver is installed, you can use your Canon PIXMA MG2170 printer with your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I download a Canon printer driver?
Before you download a Canon printer driver, you will need to know the model number of your Canon printer. You can find the model number by looking on the front or back of the printer, or on the box it came in. Once you know the model number, you can go to the Canon website and search for the driver.
- Go to the Canon website.
- In the search bar, type in the model number of your Canon printer.
- Press enter.
- On the next page, select the operating system you are using.
- Click on the “Download” button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to install the driver.
How do I install Canon drivers on my laptop?
- Visit the Canon website and select the drivers that are compatible with your laptop.
- Download the drivers onto your laptop.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Restart your laptop for the changes to take effect.
How do I install my Canon printer without the CD?
Assuming you have a computer and internet connection, you can usually install a Canon printer without the CD. Many Canon printers come with a driver installation CD, but it’s not always necessary to use it. If you have the CD, go ahead and insert it into your computer’s CD drive. If not, don’t worry; you can still install your printer without it.
To install your Canon printer without the CD, you’ll first need to download the driver installation files from Canon’s website. Go to Canon’s support page, enter your printer model, and then select your operating system. On the next page, select the Drivers & Downloads tab, and then click the Download button for the driver that you want to install.
Once the driver file has downloaded, double-click it to begin the installation process. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. When prompted, restart your computer to complete the installation.
Now that the driver is installed, you can connect your Canon printer to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure your printer is turned on, and then insert the USB cable into the printer’s USB port. Next, insert the other end of the USB cable into an available USB port on your computer.
Once the printer is connected, you should be able to print documents and photos from your computer. If you have any problems, Canon’s customer support team should be able to help you troubleshoot the issue.
How do I connect my Canon Pixma mg2540s to my computer?
- Turn on your Canon Pixma mg2540s printer and make sure it is connected to the power source.
- Connect your Canon Pixma mg2540s printer to your computer using the USB cable that came with the printer.
- Once the printer is connected, open the printer driver software on your computer.
- Select the Canon Pixma mg2540s printer from the list of printers and click on the “Add” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
How do I connect my Canon printer to my computer via USB?
To connect a Canon printer to a computer, you’ll need a USB cable. First, make sure that the printer and the computer are both turned off. Then, connect the printer to the computer using the USB cable. Once the printer is connected, turn on the printer. Finally, open the printing software on your computer and follow the prompts to add the printer.
How do I install a Canon printer on Windows 10?
- Connect the Canon printer to the computer using the USB cable.
- Turn on the Canon printer.
- Open the Canon printer software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Canon printer on Windows 10.
How do I install Canon Pixma ip2870s without CD?
If you do not have the installation CD that came with your printer, you can download the drivers and software from the Canon website.
- Go to the Canon website and enter your printer model in the search box.
- Select your operating system from the drop-down menu and click the “Drivers & Downloads” button.
- Locate the driver that you need and click the “Download” button.
- Once the file has downloaded, open it and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
How do I install my Canon g1010 without the CD?
If your computer doesn’t have a CD drive, you can download the software for your Canon g1010 printer from the Canon website.
- Go to the Canon website and select your printer model from the drop-down menu.
- On the printer’s support page, scroll down to the “Drivers & Software” section and click on the “Drivers” link.
- Select the operating system that you’re using on your computer and then click on the “Download” button.
- Once the file has downloaded, double-click on it to open it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
- Connect your printer to your computer using the USB cable.
- Turn on your printer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
Why won’t my Canon printer connect to my computer?
There are a few reasons why your Canon printer might not be connecting to your computer. First, make sure that the printer is plugged into an outlet and that the power cord is properly plugged into the printer. Next, check to see if the printer is turned on. If it is not, press the power button to turn it on. Once the printer is turned on, check to see if it is connected to the same network as your computer. If it is not, you will need to connect the printer to the network. Finally, check to see if the printer is set as the default printer on your computer. If it is not, you will need to set it as the default printer.
How do I connect my Canon mg2522 printer to my computer?
- Make sure your Canon mg2522 printer is turned on and connected to the same network as your computer.
- Follow the prompts to complete the printer setup.
How do I install Canon LBP 2900 on Windows 10?
Installing the Canon LBP 2900 on Windows 10 is a simple process that should only take a few minutes to complete. First, you will need to connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable. Once the printer is connected, you will need to open the “Control Panel” and select “Devices and Printers.” Next, you should see the Canon LBP 2900 listed under “Printers.” If you do not see the printer listed, you may need to click on the “Add a printer” button.
Once you see the Canon LBP 2900 listed, you will need to right-click on the printer and select “Install.” Follow the prompts that appear on your screen to complete the installation process. Once the installation is complete, you will be able to use your printer.
Why can’t I install printer driver on Windows 10?
When you upgrade to Windows 10, many of your devices—including your printer—might not work as they did before. Windows 10 offers more built-in drivers than previous versions of Windows, so you might not need to download anything from the manufacturer after upgrading. But if you run into a problem with a printer driver, here are some tips for fixing it.
If your printer is connected to your PC via USB, unplug the USB cable from the printer and then plug it back in. This will reset the connection and might fix the problem.
If that doesn’t work, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the printer driver. To do that, open the Devices and Printers control panel, select the printer, and then click the Remove device option. Confirm that you want to remove the printer, and then click Finish.
Now open the Start menu, search for Devices and Printers, and then open it. Click the Add a printer option. Windows will search for printers connected to your PC and display them in the list. Select the printer you want to use, and then click the Next button.
If you’re prompted to install a driver for the printer, click the Install driver option. If Windows can’t find a driver for your printer, you can download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website.