If you need a printer driver for the Canon Faxphone L170, you can download it using the button below. This will take you to the Canon website, where you can choose the appropriate driver for your operating system.
Canon Faxphone L170 Printer Driver Downloads
Driver for Windows
How to Install Canon Faxphone L170 Driver on Your PC:
- After the “Canon Faxphone L170 Driver” download is completed, open the downloaded file and extract it to a convenient location on your computer.
- Open the extracted folder and double-click on the “Setup.exe” file to start the installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Once the installation is completed, restart your computer.
- Connect the Canon Faxphone L170 to your computer using the USB cable.
- The Canon Faxphone L170 is now ready to use.
The Canon Faxphone L170 is a multifunction laser fax machine that also offers printing, copying, and scanning capabilities. It has a maximum print resolution of up to 1200 x 600 dpi and can produce up to 17 ppm in black and white. The L170 also has a 50-sheet automatic document feeder and a 250-sheet paper capacity. Connectivity options include USB and Ethernet.
Tips and Tricks:
- Make sure that you have the latest drivers installed for your Canon Faxphone L170 printer. You can download the drivers from the Canon website.
- When setting up your printer, make sure to select the “Canon Faxphone L170” driver from the list of available drivers.
- If you are having trouble sending or receiving faxes, make sure that the phone line that you are using is connected to the “Line” port on the back of the printer.
- Make sure that the paper that you are using is loaded correctly into the paper tray. The printer can only print on one side of the paper.
- When sending a fax, make sure to enter the correct fax number for the recipient. The Canon Faxphone L170 does not have an auto-dial feature.
How do I setup my Canon fax l170?
- To begin, you will need to connect your Canon fax machine to a telephone line. Do this by plugging one end of the telephone cord into the “line” port on the back of the fax machine, and the other end into an available telephone jack.
- Press the “OK” button, then use the arrow keys to scroll through the fax settings options until you find the setting for “Receive Mode.” Use the arrow keys to select the “Auto Receive” option, then press the “OK” button.
- Finally, press the “Start” button on the fax machine. The machine will now be in standby mode, ready to receive faxes.
How do I set up my Canon fax machine?
First, consult your Canon fax machine’s instruction manual to determine what type of phone line it requires (analog or digital) and gather the necessary cables. If you’re using a digital phone line, you will also need to purchase a digital signal converter box.
Next, find an available phone jack and plug one end of the appropriate cable into it. Then, plug the other end of the cable into the “Line” port on the back of your Canon fax machine.
If you’re using an analog phone line, you can now plug a phone into the “Phone” port on the back of the fax machine and begin using it as normal. If you’re using a digital phone line, connect the digital signal converter box to the “Line” port on the back of the fax machine using another cable, then plug a phone into the converter box.
How do I connect my fax to my printer?
- The first thing you need to do is locate the fax machine and the printer. They should be close to each other so that the cord can reach.
- Once you have found both the fax machine and the printer, take a look at the back of each one. You should see a port that looks like a rectangle with metal pins inside.
- Take the cord that came with the fax machine and plug it into the port on the back of the printer. Then take the other end of the cord and plug it into the port on the back of the fax machine.
- Once the cord is plugged in, you should be able to turn on both the printer and the fax machine. The fax machine should have a button or a switch that says “Fax/Phone.” Press this button or switch, and then dial the number you want to fax.
Can I fax from my Canon printer?
Yes, you can fax from your Canon printer. The process is simple and only requires a few steps. First, you’ll need to connect your printer to a phone line. Next, you’ll need to load your document into the printer. Finally, you’ll need to dial the fax number and send your document.
Can you fax from a Canon wireless printer without a phone line?
Canon wireless printers can fax without a phone line by using an Internet fax service. This service uses an Internet connection to send and receive faxes, so you’ll need to sign up for an account with a provider like eFax or MyFax. Once you have an account, you can add your Canon printer to the service and start faxing.
How do I connect my fax machine to my router?
- Locate the telephone line input jack on your fax machine.
- Connect one end of a telephone line cord to the telephone line input jack on your fax machine.
- Connect the other end of the telephone line cord to the telephone line output jack on your router.
- Turn on your fax machine.
How do you operate a fax machine?
To operate a fax machine, you need to have a telephone line and an electrical outlet. You will also need to purchase fax paper.
To set up the fax machine, plug the power cord into an electrical outlet and plug the telephone line into the fax machine. Turn on the fax machine.
To send a fax, put the document that you want to fax face down in the fax machine. Enter the fax number that you want to send the document to. Press the send button.
To receive a fax, put a piece of fax paper in the fax machine. The fax machine will automatically print the document on the fax paper.
How do I setup my Canon mx490 fax machine?
- Unplug the Canon mx490 fax machine from the wall outlet.
- Remove any paper from the paper tray.
- Lift the cover of the scanner and place the document you want to fax face down on the glass.
- Close the scanner cover and press the “Fax” button. Enter the fax number you want to send the document to.
How do I add a fax printer in Windows 10?
To add a fax printer in Windows 10, you need to first install the fax driver on your computer. Once the driver is installed, you can then add the fax printer by going to the Devices and Printers section in the Control Panel. Click on the Add a printer option and then select the fax printer from the list of available printers.
If you want to be able to send faxes from any program on your computer, you need to set the fax printer as the default printer. To do this, go to the Devices and Printers section in the Control Panel and right-click on the fax printer. Select the Set as Default Printer option from the menu.
Once you have added the fax printer and set it as the default printer, you can start sending faxes from any program on your computer. To do this, simply open the document that you want to fax and select the Print option. When the Print dialog box opens, select the fax printer from the list of available printers. Enter the fax number that you want to send the document to and click on the Send button.
How do I find my fax number for my Canon printer?
- First, open up your Canon printer’s control panel.
- Next, locate the “Fax” settings.
- Once you’ve found the Fax settings, look for the “Fax Number” option.
- Lastly, select the “Fax Number” option and your printer’s fax number will be displayed.
Can I fax from my computer without a phone line for free?
Yes, you can fax from your computer without a phone line for free. There are a few ways to do this. One way is to use an online fax service. There are many reputable online fax services that will allow you to send and receive faxes without a phone line. Another way is to use a computer with a modem and fax software. This will require you to have a phone line, but you can use a VoIP service to make calls over the internet instead of a traditional phone line.
How do I wirelessly fax from my Canon printer?
- In order to wirelessly fax from your Canon printer, you will need to first connect the printer to your computer via USB cable.
- Once the printer is connected, you will need to install the Canon software on your computer. This software will allow you to print wirelessly from your printer.
- Once the software is installed, you will need to open the Canon software and select the “Wireless Fax” option.
- Enter the phone number that you want to fax to and select the “Send” option. Your fax will be sent wirelessly from your printer to the recipients phone number.
Do you need a landline to fax?
The answer to this question is both yes and no. If you have a physical fax machine, then you will need a landline in order to send and receive faxes. However, if you are using an online fax service, then you will not need a landline, and can instead send and receive faxes using an internet connection.
Is there a free fax app?
Yes, there are multiple free fax apps available. FaxBurner, Fax.Plus, and Hellofax are all popular options that offer free plans with limited features. If you need more robust faxing capabilities, you can upgrade to a paid plan with any of these providers.