Looking to download the Brother MFC-7460DN Driver? This driver is available for free in this page using the links below. This printer is a great choice for your home or small office needs. It offers fast printing and copying, as well as scanning and faxing.
Brother MFC-7460DN Printer Driver Downloads
Driver for Windows
Driver for Mac OS
How to Install Brother MFC-7460DN Driver on Your PC:
- Download the “Brother MFC-7460DN Driver” from our website.
- Once the download is completed, double-click on the downloaded file to open it.
- A window will appear asking you where you want to extract the files. Choose a location on your computer and click “Extract”.
- The files will be extracted to the chosen location.
- Double-click on the “Setup” file to start the installation.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Brother MFC-7460DN Specifications:
The Brother MFC-7460DN is a reliable, all-in-one monochrome laser printer designed for small offices or home offices. It offers fast print speeds of up to 27ppm, and produces professional-quality output with resolutions up to 1200 x 1200 dpi. The unit also features a built-in duplexer for two-sided printing, as well as an automatic document feeder for scanning, copying, and faxing.
The Brother MFC-7460DN offers a variety of connectivity options, including USB, Ethernet, and wireless. It is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems, and comes with a one-year limited warranty.
Hacks on How to Utilize Brother MFC-7460DN:
- Make sure that you have the latest drivers installed for your Brother MFC-7460DN printer.
- Try to avoid using the Brother MFC-7460DN printer in very humid or dusty environments.
- If possible, connect the Brother MFC-7460DN printer to your computer using a USB cable instead of a wireless connection.
- When printing documents, always use the highest quality setting on the Brother MFC-7460DN printer to ensure the best results.
How do you reset the drum on a brother mfc 7460dn?
- Locate the drum reset lever on the side of the machine.
- Open the front cover of the printer.
- Press and hold the drum reset lever while you turn the knob on the side of the machine clockwise.
- Continue to hold the lever until the knob stops turning.
- Close the front cover and your printer should now be reset.
Is the brother mfc 7460dn Wireless?
The short answer is no, the Brother MFC 7460DN is not a wireless printer. However, it is possible to connect the printer to a wireless network using a wireless print server. This would allow you to print to the printer from any computer on the network, without having to be physically connected to the printer.
How do I reset my Brother printer after replacing drum?
- Open the front cover of your Brother printer.
- Remove the old drum unit and dispose of it properly.
- Install the new drum unit into the printer.
- Close the front cover.
- Press the “Menu” button on the control panel.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to the “All Settings” menu.
- Press the “OK” button.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to the “Reset Menu”.
- Press the “OK” button.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to the “Drum Counter Reset” option.
- Press the “OK” button.
- Press the “Start” button to begin the reset process.
- When the reset is complete, the message “Replace Drum Unit” will no longer be displayed.
How do I get my Brother printer to recognize my new drum?
- Make sure that the new drum is properly installed. Consult your printer’s manual for instructions on how to do this.
- Clean the electrical contacts on the new drum and on the printer itself. Use a cotton swab dampened with alcohol to gently clean the contacts.
- Reset the printer. Consult your printer’s manual for instructions on how to do this.
- If the above steps do not work, try replacing the interface cable between the printer and the new drum.
- If the printer still does not recognize the new drum, contact Brother customer support for assistance.
How do I connect my Brother printer to my laptop?
- Unpack your Brother printer from its box.
- Find the USB cable that came with the printer.
- Plug one end of the USB cable into the USB port on the back of the printer.
- Plug the other end of the USB cable into an available USB port on your laptop.
- Turn on your Brother printer.
- Open the “Control Panel” on your laptop.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen to finish adding your Brother printer.
Why does my Brother printer keep saying replace drum?
The printer is designed to give this message when the drum unit needs to be replaced. The drum unit is an important part of the printer that holds the ink and helps to produce the printouts. When the drum unit needs to be replaced, the printer will usually give a message saying “replace drum” or something similar.
What does it mean when my printer says replace drum?
When you see the error message “Replace Drum” on your printer, it means that the printer has detected that the drum unit needs to be replaced. The drum unit is a key component in the printing process, and it needs to be replaced every so often in order to maintain optimal print quality. Depending on your printer model, the error message may also include a countdown of the number of prints remaining before the drum needs to be replaced.
How do I reset my Brother printer?
- If your Brother printer is displaying an error message, you may be able to reset it by power cycling the printer. To do this, unplug the printer from the power outlet and then wait 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
- If the error message persists, you can try resetting the printer to its factory default settings. To do this, press and hold the “Menu” button on the printer for about 10 seconds until the display screen shows “All Settings Cleared”.
- If you’re still having issues with your Brother printer, you may need to contact Brother customer support for further assistance.
What happens if I don’t replace printer drum?
If you don’t replace your printer drum, eventually the printer will stop working. The drum is responsible for holding the ink that is used to print documents and pictures. Over time, the ink dries out and the drum becomes less effective at holding it. This leads to the printer not being able to print as well as it used to. Eventually, the printer will stop working entirely if the drum is not replaced.
How do I know if my printer drum needs replacing?
If you notice that your prints are coming out with streaks or smudges, it might be time to replace your printer drum. Other signs that your printer drum needs replacing include prints coming out blank, prints coming out with faded colors, or prints coming out with spots. To replace your printer drum, you’ll need to purchase a new drum unit and follow the instructions in your printer’s manual.
How do you check the drum life on a Brother printer?
- Checking the drum life on a Brother printer is a simple process that can be completed in just a few minutes.
- To check the drum life, first locate the drum counter on the printer. This is usually located on the front panel of the printer.
- Once you have located the drum counter, simply press the button or switch to reset it.
- The printer will then provide you with an estimate of the remaining drum life.
- It is important to keep an eye on the drum life to ensure that your prints are of the highest quality. If the drum life begins to run low, you may notice a decrease in print quality.
What is drum in Brother printer?
A drum is a cylindrical component in some printers thatfunctions as the surface to which toner adheres and from which it is transferred to paper during the printing process. In laser printers, the drum is coated with a light-sensitive material that selectively absorbs the laser beam, which determines the areas of the drum that will be exposed to toner.
How do I set up wifi on my Brother printer?
- Make sure your Brother printer is powered on and connected to the same wifi network as your computer.
- Open the Brother printer control panel and go to the Network menu.
- Select the Wireless Setup Wizard option and follow the on-screen instructions to connect your printer to the wifi network.
- Once the printer is connected, you should be able to print wirelessly from your computer.
What is the difference between toner and drum?
The main difference between toner and drum is that the toner is a powder that is used in laser printers and photocopiers to form the printed image on the paper, while the drum is a cylindrical component that holds the toner and transfers it to the paper.