The Brother HL-2140 is a monochrome laser printer. It offers fast printing at up to 23 pages per minute and high-quality output with up to 600 x 600 dpi resolution. The HL-2140 also features automatic duplex printing for printing on both sides of a page, which can help save paper.
Brother HL-2140 Printer Driver Downloads
Driver for Windows
Driver for Mac OS
How to Install Brother HL-2140 Driver on Your PC:
- After the “Brother HL-2140 Driver” download is completed, open the downloaded file.
- If the file is in ZIP format, extract it to a folder.
- Open the extracted folder and double-click on the driver file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Brother HL-2140 Specifications:
The Brother HL-2140 is a monochrome laser printer. It has a print speed of up to 22 pages per minute. The printer has a resolution of up to 2400 x 600 dpi. It has a 250-sheet paper capacity. The printer is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems.
Hacks on How to Utilize Brother HL-2140:
- Download and install the “Brother HL-2140 Driver” from the Brother website.
- Connect the Brother HL-2140 printer to the computer using the USB cable.
- Open the “Brother HL-2140 Driver” and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Once the driver is installed, you can use the Brother HL-2140 printer to print documents or photos.
Questions & Answers:
How do I manually install Brother printer drivers?
- Go to Start > Devices and Printers.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish installing the driver.
How do I reinstall my Brother printer driver?
- Download the latest printer driver from the Brother website.
- Uninstall the current printer driver from your computer.
- Install the new printer driver.
- Connect your Brother printer to your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
How do I connect my Brother printer to my computer without the CD?
- Connect the Brother printer to your computer using a USB cable.
- On your computer, open the Control Panel.
- Click the “Advanced” tab.
- Under “Print directly to the printer,” select the “Print to file” checkbox.
- On your computer, open the file that you want to print.
- Under “Printer,” select your Brother printer.
Why is my Brother printer not connecting to my computer?
There could be a few reasons why your Brother printer is not connecting to your computer. One possibility is that the printer is not turned on or plugged into an outlet. Another possibility is that the printer is not properly connected to the computer via USB cable. Finally, it’s possible that the printer driver is not installed on the computer or is not up-to-date.
If the printer is not turned on or plugged into an outlet, simply remedy that and try again. If the printer is properly plugged in but still not connecting, try unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in. Make sure that the cable is firmly inserted into both the printer and the computer. If the printer still will not connect, try restarting both the printer and the computer.
If the printer driver is not installed on the computer, you can usually download it from the Brother website. If the driver is installed but is not up-to-date, you can usually update it through the Device Manager.
What is the meaning of driver is unavailable?
The meaning of driver is unavailable is that the person who is supposed to be driving the vehicle is not able to do so. This could be due to a number of reasons, such as not having a valid driver’s license, being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or simply not being able to physically drive the vehicle. In any case, it is important to make sure that the driver is available before getting in the car.
How do I connect my Brother printer to my laptop via USB?
- Check that your Brother printer is turned on and connected to the same wireless network as your laptop.
- On your laptop, open the Control Panel.
- Select your Brother printer from the list of available printers.
- Select “USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)” from the drop-down menu.
- Install the printer driver that came with your Brother printer.
Are Brother printers compatible with Windows 10?
Windows 10 is the latest operating system from Microsoft, and Brother printers are designed to be compatible with this OS. In fact, many Brother printers come with Windows 10 drivers pre-installed. However, if you have an older Brother printer, you may need to download and install updated drivers from the Brother website in order to use your printer with Windows 10.
How do I make my Brother printer discoverable?
In order to make your Brother printer discoverable, you will need to take a few steps. First, you will need to ensure that your printer is connected to your wireless network. Next, you will need to open the Brother control center on your computer and select the “Network” option. Finally, you will need to select the “Wireless Setup Wizard” option and follow the instructions on the screen. By taking these steps, you should be able to make your Brother printer discoverable.
How do I setup my Brother printer wirelessly?
- After your router is set up, you can now connect your Brother printer to it. This usually involves using the Ethernet cable to connect the printer to the router, and then following the instructions that came with the printer.
How do I add a Brother printer in Windows 11?
- Go to the Start menu and select “Settings”.
- Select “Devices” and then click “Add a printer or scanner”.
- Select your Brother printer from the list of available devices.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
How do I get Brother Utilities on my desktop?
- Go to the Brother website and select the “Support” option at the top of the page.
- Enter your model number in the search bar and select your model from the list of results.
- Select the “Downloads” tab and then scroll down to the “Software” section.
- Click the “Download” button next to the “Brother Utilities” software and then follow the prompts to install it on your desktop.
Where do you find the IP address on your printer?
If you want to find the IP address on your printer, you can usually find it in the settings menu. To access the settings menu, you will need to press the Menu button on your printer. Once you are in the settings menu, you should be able to find the IP address under the Network or Wireless settings.
How do I download Brother utility app?
- Go to the Brother website and navigate to the support page for your specific machine.
- On the support page, scroll down to the “Drivers & Software” section and click on the “Download” button for the Brother utility app.
- Save the file to your computer and double-click on it to launch the installation wizard.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation and then launch the app.
- When prompted, enter your Brother machine‘s model number and then click on the “Connect” button.
- The app will now search for your machine and, once found, you will be able to use all of the features that the app has to offer.
How do I uninstall my Brother printer?
- Click on “Control Panel” and then select “Uninstall a Program” (or “Add/Remove Programs” on older versions of Windows).
- Find the Brother printer driver that you want to uninstall and select it.
- Click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
How do I reset my Brother HL 2140 toner?
If your Brother HL 2140 toner has run out, or if you are experiencing poor print quality, you may need to reset your toner. Resetting your toner will not only improve print quality, but it will also extend the life of your toner cartridge.
- Open the top cover of your printer.
- Locate the toner cartridge.
- Press the release button on the toner cartridge to release it.
- Remove the toner cartridge from the printer.
- Shake the toner cartridge vigorously for a minute or two.
- Replace the toner cartridge in the printer.
- Close the top cover.
- Press the ‘Go’ button on the printer.
Your Brother HL 2140 toner has now been reset and should produce high-quality prints.