If you have a Brother DCP-L2540DW printer, you will need to install a driver in order to use it. The driver is available for free in this page using the links below.
Brother DCP-L2540DW Printer Driver Downloads
Driver for Windows
Driver for Mac OS
How to Install Brother DCP-L2540DW Driver:
- Go to the location where you saved the file and double-click on it.
- The installation will start automatically.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- When the installation is completed, restart your computer.
The Brother DCP-L2540DW is a reliable, affordable monochrome laser multifunction copier for home or small office use. It combines fast, high-quality monochrome printing and copying at up to 27ppm‡, color scanning, and faxing into an easy-to-use design.
The 250-sheet paper capacity helps improve efficiency with less refills and handles letter- and legal-sized paper. Automatic duplex (2-sided) printing helps save paper.
Connectivity options include built-in wireless or Ethernet networking or connect locally to a single computer via its USB interface. The 2.7″ color Touchscreen display provides intuitive menu navigation and creates up to 48 customized shortcuts.
Tips and Tricks:
- Download and install the “Brother DCP-L2540DW Driver” from the Brother website.
- Connect the Brother DCP-L2540DW printer to your computer using the USB cable.
- Open the “Brother DCP-L2540DW Driver” and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Once the driver is installed, you can use the Brother DCP-L2540DW printer to print documents and photos.
How do I manually install Brother printer drivers?
If you have a Brother printer, you will need to install the drivers before you can use the printer. Drivers are pieces of software that allow your computer to communicate with your Brother printer.
There are two ways to install Brother printer drivers: using the installation CD that came with your printer, or downloading the drivers from the Brother website.
If you have the installation CD, insert it into your computer’s CD drive and follow the prompts. If you don’t have the CD, you can download the drivers from the Brother website.
Once the drivers are downloaded, double-click on the file to begin the installation. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Once the drivers are installed, you should be able to use your Brother printer.
How do I install Brother driver on PC?
- To install the Brother driver on your PC, you’ll first need to download the driver from the Brother website.
- Once you’ve downloaded the driver, double-click on the file to begin the installation.
- Follow the prompts during the installation process, and then restart your computer when prompted. After restarting, your Brother printer should now be working properly.
How do I download Brother scanner drivers?
- Open your Internet browser and go to the Brother website (http://www.brother.com).
- On the left side of the screen, under “Support & Downloads”, click “Downloads”.
- Type your model number in the “Search” field and click the “Search” button.
- Find your model in the list of results and click the “Download” button next to it.
- On the next page, select the operating system you are using and click the “Download” button.
- Save the file to your computer and double-click it to run the installation.
How do you reset the drum on a Brother DCP L2540DW?
To reset the drum on a Brother DCP L2540DW, you will need to access the maintenance mode. To do this, press and hold the “Menu” button for at least six seconds. Once in maintenance mode, use the arrow keys to navigate to the “Drum Reset” option. Press “OK” to select this option. The machine will now reset the drum counter.
How do I install a new printer driver?
- Download the printer driver from the manufacturer’s website.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- Restart your computer if prompted.
- Connect your printer to the computer and test it to make sure it is working properly.
How do I connect my Brother printer to my computer without the CD?
Assuming you don’t have the CD that came with your Brother printer, you’ll need to download the drivers from the Brother website in order to connect the printer to your computer.
- Go to the Brother website and select your printer model from the list.
- Download the drivers for your specific operating system.
- Install the drivers on your computer, and then connect the Brother printer to your computer using a USB cable.
Why is my Brother printer not connecting to my computer?
There are a few reasons that your Brother printer might not be connecting to your computer. One possibility is that the printer is not turned on. Another possibility is that the printer is not properly plugged into the computer. Another possibility is that the printer driver is not installed on the computer. Another possibility is that the printer is not set as the default printer.
How do I install a printer driver in Windows 10?
Before you can use a printer, you must install the printer driver on your computer. Windows 10 will automatically detect and install drivers for your printer, but if it does not, you can manually install the driver.
- Connect your printer to your computer using the USB cable.
- Open the Settings app by clicking the Start button and then clicking Settings.
- Click Devices.
- Click Printers & Scanners.
- Click the Add a printer or scanner button.
- Wait for Windows 10 to detect your printer.
- Click the name of your printer.
- Click the Install button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Why does my Brother printer says driver unavailable?
If you are trying to print from a Brother printer and you see the error message “Driver Unavailable,” it means that the printer is not connected to a computer that has the required printer drivers installed. The Brother printer needs these drivers in order to communicate with the computer and print documents.
There are a few ways to fix this problem. First, you can try connecting the Brother printer to a different computer that does have the drivers installed. If that doesn’t work, you can try downloading and installing the drivers on the computer that you are trying to print from. Finally, if neither of those options work, you can contact Brother customer support for help.
What printer driver should I use for Brother printer?
There are many factors to consider when choosing a printer driver, but perhaps the most important is compatibility. Make sure to choose a driver that is compatible with your Brother printer. Additionally, consider the operating system you are using. Some drivers are only compatible with certain operating systems. Another factor to consider is whether you want a full-featured driver or a basic driver. Full-featured drivers offer more options and may be more user-friendly, while basic drivers are smaller in file size and may be faster to download and install.
How do I fix driver is unavailable?
If you see the error message “Driver is unavailable,” it means that the printer driver is not installed on your computer. To fix this, you will need to install the printer driver.
- Download the printer driver from the manufacturer’s website.
- Insert the printer’s CD into your computer and follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
Once the printer driver is installed, try printing again. If you still see the “Driver is unavailable” error message, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the printer driver.